Deep Blue DNA Fishing Competition Competitor Terms and Conditions.
Dates of Competition: 5-7 March 2021
Official Opening & Competition Start: 5 March 2021 at 9.00am
If the Deep Blue DNA Fishing Competition is cancelled due to a force majeure, ticket purchases will be refunded.
Conditions of Entry:
The Deep Blue DNA Fishing Competition is held at 10-45 Parkyn Parade (Pirate Ship Park at the SPIT), Mooloolaba, 4556.
Upon entering the event, you understand and agree with the following:
• You authorise for the Deep Blue DNA Fishing Competition Management Committee to use any audio/visual imagery taken of yourself via photography, video content, drone footage, and audio recordings for purposes of material produced for education, promotion, marketing, or advertising for (including but not limited to) print, media releases, radio, TV, website, social media, graphics, editorials, banners, stickers, shirts, corflutes and/or street signs. Also, unless otherwise stated, there will be no restrictions on the geographical distribution of the material produced;
• No alcohol or dogs are permitted in the event venue during the event. However, working dogs (seeing-eye dogs, police dogs, service dogs, or specially trained therapy dogs to provide comforting, companionship or an emotional release for victims of a crisis or disaster) are welcome;
• Pirate Ship Park is classed as a Non-Smoking area.
• Deep Blue DNA Pty Ltd accepts no liability for any property left in the event venue. During the event, if chairs remain in the park, they may be relocated within the venue, and Deep Blue DNA Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility.
All property (including chairs) that remain in the park after the final day of the event closure on Sunday will be disposed of or donated to charity.
• Respect our waterways.
• Handle fish with care.
• Use adequate release methods.
• The Deep Blue DNA Fishing Competition will be a sustainably run competition with the advice, rules, regulations, and knowledge of the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries and other governing bodies held as a TOP PRIORITY.
Tickets are available for purchase from 1 November 2020.
Registrations are available at https://buytickets.at/deepbluedna
Entries Event starts at 9:00 am, and tickets will be available for purchase over the event's three days.
Registrations will close for the competition at 6 pm daily during the 3-day event.
One entry per person. Entry covers entrants for the full three days of the competition.
Junior Competitors must be under the age of 16 years up to and including the last day of the competition (if an entrant's age is not eligible to obtain a boat licence then they are classified a junior) and not under the age of 3 years at the commencement of the competition.
The overall cash and prize pool is strictly based on competitor entry amounts.
The amount of $35,000 in COMBINED cash and prize is based upon that there will be 500 entrants into the senior competition and $17,500 for 500 entrants into the junior competition.
In the event, there are less than 500 entrants in either age bracket. It is at the discretion of the Deep Blue DNA Management Committee to review and determine the prize pools final amount. The Deep Blue DNA Management Committee's decision is final.
The overall winner in each age bracket will also receive complimentary entry into the following the Deep Blue DNA Fishing Competition.
Proof of Ticket
To be eligible to win/collect ANY promotional or fishing competition prize you MUST produce a copy of the Ticket provided to all registered competitors. All registered competitors will be issued with a Ticket.
Refund’s & Transfers
If the competition is forced to close due to absolutely anything, Covid-19, or an unforeseen event we'll even refund your ticket costs or transfer them to the following comp on your request. No questions asked.
Under no circumstances are there to be any official Ticket transfers to another name before or during the event.
FISHING COMPETITION AGREEMENT
By completing the Deep Blue Fishing DNA Competition registration process:
• you have read the Deep Blue Fishing DNA Competition Terms and Conditions of the Competition presented; and
• you understand the terms described and are lawfully abiding by these terms and conditions granting Deep Blue DNA Pty Ltd rights given under this contract.
• you understand that the prize poola either Senior or Junior are open to change depending on the number of Entrants into each age bracket for the competition.
Under the condition that the Deep Blue DNA Fishing Competition is an amateur competition, the Competitors shall comply with:
• that Deep Blue DNA Pty Ltd accepts no liability for any injury, loss, or damage to any person or property in the course of the competition when such injury or loss is due, or alleged to be due to any act, neglect, or default on the part of Deep Blue DNA Pty Ltd or of any official or agency thereof, and all competitors fully understand that in so participating they do so entirely at their own risk and agree to abide by all rules and regulations;
• syndicates are not currently recognised in this amateur competition;
• as a competitor, you authorise and permit the Deep Blue DNA Pty Ltd for the use of any audio/visual imagery taken of yourself via photography, video content, drone footage and audio recordings, name, to be used for purposes of material produced for education, promotion, marketing or advertising for (included but not limited too) print, media releases, radio, TV, website, social media, graphics, editorials, banners, stickers, shirts and/or street signs.
Also, unless otherwise stated, there will be no restrictions on the geographical distribution of material produced;
• if you have a child/ren under the age of 18 years old, you give permission and all rights for the Deep Blue DNA Pty Ltd for the use of any audio/visual imagery taken of child/ren via photography, video content, drone footage and audio recordings, name, to be used for purposes of education, promotion, marketing or advertising for (included but not limited too) print, media releases, radio, TV, website, social media, graphics, editorials, banners, stickers, shirts, corflutes and/or street signs. Also, unless otherwise stated, there will be no restrictions on the geographical distribution of material produced. If the minor is under the laws of the state where his/her appearance is recorded.
o Entrants must wherever possible stop waste, litter, and contaminants from reaching the
o All entrants are advised if heading out on the open water to bring three re-usable bags or
containers to store general waste, recyclables, and compostable waste so that upon return
to the Mooloolaba Boat Ramp, it can be disposed of properly.
o Fishers are also encouraged to remove any litter they see from the ocean.
o Once the litter is correctly disposed of, Fishers who abide by these guidelines will receive a free drink voucher or go into the draw for the $200 Fishing for Rubbish prize (limit 1 per
person/day) to be drawn at the end of the event.
o Fishers are also to be reminded to bring their re-usable drinking containers if possible and to fill up at the ice machine and water van provided at the event if Covid permits.
Entrants are also advised not to cut their line when they encounter a snag or
other issue but to do the best job possible to ensure all line is recovered from the water.
Competition entrants may fish Queensland publicly accessible waters between the North tip of Fraser Island to Burleigh Heads(excludes fish farms, private dams, etc.) from a boat, personal watercraft, human-powered craft (kayak, canoe, stand-up paddleboard, etc.) or land-based.
Any evidence of falsification such as:
• fish caught outside the Deep Blue Fishing competition dates and times;
• an individual weighing in fish without an Official 2020 Ticket;
• netted, speared or deck reel landed fish; or
• any action in defiance of the competition's rules and goodwill will be placed in the Management Committee's hands and persons involved will be withdrawn from the competition.
Deep Blue DNA Fishing Competition Management Committee reserves the right of absolute disqualification in the event of specified breaches of rules occurring, including sample testing by the Queensland Fish Management Authority. The Management Committee's decision is final and retains the right to withhold any cash prizes or trophies pending investigation.
In the event of any dispute or any differing interpretation of the rules and conditions of the Deep Blue DNA Fishing Competition, the competitor may write to the Management Committee stating their dispute. The Management Committee will hear the dispute after the competition is completed providing the disputing competitor with a fair hearing. The disputing competitor will be advised in writing of the outcome of the dispute. The Management Committee's decision is final.
All fish species are as per the Queensland Government Department of Agriculture and Fisheries website fish species guide www.daf.qld.gov.au.
The following 19 fish species are the only species eligible for weigh-in at the Deep Blue DNA Fishing Competition:
All competition categories for March 2021 will be LIVE or LENGTH based Categories.
All fish must be alive when measured and have photos taken on a reputable Brag Mat to meet QLD legal size, and to allow for catch and release so you can stay out fishing if you don't want to bring them in or take them home.Alternatively, you can bring your live fish into the verification tent at the Comp and have it measured.
Two photos or a video are required to qualify any fish being recorded.
Competitors Can register their fish length by any of the following means,
Text through photos of your fish and e-ticket to 0487199735 for approval,
Msg your pictures and e-ticket to our Facebook page,
Provide photos to the verification tent staff at the Comp before the daily cut off times for verification.(prizes must be collected in person)
All category fish will be photographed and measured on a reputable Brag Mat to meet QLD legal size. No homemade mats will be accepted.
To ascertain that the fish has been caught within the competition time, an official free of charge DBDNA sticker can be collected from the entry marquee’s during the event.
Two digital photos, one showing the whole fish, with the head at the start of the measure, the other zoomed in on the tail showing its length. Both photos must display the current free of charge DBDNA sticker.
No other Brag Mats, other than the above option will be accepted, and the photograph MUST include the official free of charge DBDNA sticker (whole fish, head and tail photos).
The winner of the live categories will be selected as the longest fish for Friday and Saturday and the Sunday.
Overall Prize Pool
The overall Prize pools are strictly based on competition entrant amounts.
The amount of $35,000.00 is based upon that there will be 500 entrants into the Senior competition and $17,500.00 for 500 entrants into the Junior competition.
In the event, there are less than 500 entrants in either age bracket then it is the discretion of Deep Blue DNA Management Committee to review and determine the final amount of the cash prize money.
Deep Blue DNA Management Committee's decision is final.
The Overall prize Winner in both age brackets will also receive complimentary entry into the next Deep Blue DNA Fishing Competition.
The Deep Blue DNA Fishing Competition may include other cash prizes, and it is entirely at the discretion of the Deep Blue DNA Management Committee to determine whether additional bonuses will be available at the event.